Kawasaki Versys 650
Kawasaki Versys 650 Specifications
|Fuel Tank Capacity
|66 PS @ 8500 rpm
|64 Nm @ 7000 rpm
|Number of Gears
|6 Speed Manual
Kawasaki Versys 650 Price
Kawasaki Versys 650 Variants With Price
649 cc, Upto 21 kmpl, 66 PS @ 8500 rpm
|₹ 7.77 Lakh
Other Versys Bikes
Pros & Cons of Kawasaki Versys 650
Features we admire in this bike
- Amazing handling capabilities
- Chirpy engine, lots of rev
- Huge fuel tank capacity
- Kawasakiâ€™s color treatment
- Standard ABS
Features that could have been better
- Coolant leaks from water pump
- Digital instrument cluster looks dated Limited color options
- Limited color options
- Not suitable for short riders
- Rattling noises
Kawasaki Versys 650 Detailed Review
The Kawasaki Versys 650 is based on the same diamond-type, high-tensile steel structure, that is also found in the naked Z650 and Ninja 650. But the Versys 650 comes gets changes to its rear sub-frame, and the whole body suspends on 41-mm upside-down front forks with long travel suspension at the front, and a single-shock with pre-load adjuster and 145-mm long travel suspension for the rear. The 2022 Versys 650 rides on 17-inch wheels with 120-section tyres at the front, and 17-inch with 160-section tyres at the rear. The front is further equipped with 300-mm dual-petal disc brakes with two piston callipers, and the rear gets a 250-mm disc brakes with single piston caliper. Dual-channel ABS is standard.
As far as its dimensions are concerned, the Kawasaki Versys 650 has 170 mm of ground clearance, with 840 mm of seat height. It’s wheelbase of 1415 mm is longer in Kawasaki’s 650 segment. Besides, it measures 2165 mm long, 840 mm wide, and weighs 218 kg, when its 21-liter fuel tank is dry.
For an ADV, the Versys 650 has its fair share of sporty and rugged elements. It feels easy maneuver, and on the highways gets really good with acceleration.
Being a dual-sports motorcycle/ ADV, the twin-cylinder 649 cc engine has been tuned to provide more bottom-end and mid-range torque. This has been possible with changing the camshaft and fuel injection mapping. Thus, imoroving throttle response at lower engine speeds. The Versys 650 is rated at 66 Ps@8500 RPM and a peak torque of 64 Nm of torque@ 7000 rpm. The engine comes mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox.
With plenty of rpm in the bottom end, the Versys becomes very easy to ride in city traffic.
The Versys 650 is not galvanized; most of them are subtly placed within the design itself. This includes the wide handlebar, and the adjustable windscreen up front make up for the mechanical features. As for technical features are concerned, the Versys gets a digital-analogue instrument cluster that, further gets two tripmetres, aside from displaying low fuel indicators, low oil indicators, and gear shift indicators. The Kawasaki Versys 650 also gets a bulb and reflectors as its headlight, and that feels a bit dated. The tail lamp is of LED unit, and coupled with electric srart, killswitch, clock, and bulb indicators make up for the rest of the features on the Versys.
The Kawasaki Versys 650 gets the right amount of features to keep the riding experience, uninterrupted and focused.
Kawasaki Versys 650 Competitors
Kawasaki Versys 650 Bike Owner Reviews
- Reliability & Maintenance 5.0
- Design 5.0
- Comfort 5.0
- View all parameters
- AAnonymous5 Month agoOverall good experience riding it. Seat comfort is incredible and handling is very good. Only downside for short riders such as me is its seat height and kerb weight. Suspension setup is really good and works very well in off-road conditions. On road price of this vehicle is on the higher sideRead moreLike
- RkRitik kerketta2 Year agoThis bike is very wonderful and the speed is very osomeRead moreLike
- PPorush2 Year agoAt the time of servicing I felt the spare parts are bit costlier.Read moreLike
- SBSuresh Bisla2 Year agoThis gives me a excellent ride comfort and its easy to ride in the city daily.Read moreLike
- DDsfdsfdfs2 Year agoThe sharp-looking split LED headlight setup. It’s topped with a four-step adjustable transparent windscreen is amazingRead moreLike
Latest On Kawasaki Versys 650
Last Updated On 15th Nov'23: The current Kawasaki Versys 650, unveiled at the EICMA motorcycle show in Italy earlier, showcases significant styling and feature enhancements compared to its predecessor. While the exterior boasts updated design elements, the bike retains its proven and reliable middleweight sports-adventure tourer package, solidifying its position as one of the top motorcycles in its segment.
Versys 650 Price: The MY23 Kawasaki Versys 650 comes with a price tag of Rs 7.36 lakh (ex-showroom). It comes in a single variant.
Engine: A 649 cc Liquid-Cooled, 4-Stroke Parallel Twin engine powers the Versys 650. The engine has a maximum output of 61 Nm of peak torque and 65.7 bhp of maximum power. It also has a 6-speed gearbox with a slipper-assist clutch and several riding modes.
Features: A TFT instrument display with Bluetooth connectivity is included. The SMS, calls, and other vital alerts are displayed on the rider's screen. The TFT display also shows information about the riding modes, KRTC (traction control) modes, gear shift indication, and gear position indicator. Through the toggle switches, the rider can quickly move between different modes.
Colours: The Versys 650 comes in Lime Green and Metallic Phantom Silver colour options.
Latest News on Kawasaki Versys 650
- Publish date : 8 December 2023
- Publish date : 12 September 2023
Kawasaki Versys 650 Images
- Front Side Profile
Kawasaki Versys 650 Colours
- Candy Lime Green
- Metallic Phantom Silver
- New Delhi2 Dealers in New Delhi
- Mumbai1 Dealers in Mumbai
- Hyderabad1 Dealers in Hyderabad
- Chennai1 Dealers in Chennai
- Ahmedabad1 Dealers in Ahmedabad
- Kolkata1 Dealers in Kolkata
- Pune1 Dealers in Pune
- Lucknow1 Dealers in Lucknow
- Bangalore1 Dealers in Bangalore
- Jaipur1 Dealers in Jaipur