India has shifted to BS6 norms and it is the diesel cars which got a bit expensive when compared with BS4 models. In addition, diesel cars now get a DEF filter which is to be filled every 10,000 - 15,000 km service interval. The diesel exhaust fluid or the DEF helps in reducing the amount of pollution caused by a diesel engine. In this article, we provide you with a video as to how the AdBlue tank is filled in Tata Harrier.
In this video, the person has explained how to fill the AdBlue fluid in the tank of Tata Harrier. Furthermore, we will be providing you with the guidelines as to what precautions should be kept in mind while you are filling AdBlue fluid in your vehicle. This remains for diesel vehicles only.
To fill the AdBlue fluid the owner has parked the car in neutral and ignition should be put off. In the Tata Harrier, the tank can be seen when the toolbox kit is removed. AdBlue is an aqueous urea solution made with 32.5% urea and 67.5% deionized water.
Now to fill the tank the service advisor has placed plastic sheets as to DEF does not spill on the car's boot. If it gets spilt then it may cause rusting so one must always use precautionary steps while filling the DEF. The owner said that they topped up the DEF with 5 litres of quantity. When asked about the prices then he said a can of 5 Litres will cost you around Rs 200-250. So it is very economical at this rate.
Always remember while driving your BS6 diesel vehicle you have to top up the DEF tank as soon as its warning is displayed in the instrument cluster. The new-age technology and features in some cars also provide you with information indicating on the low level of engine and brake oil also.
Some guidelines you should keep in mind while filling the DEF tank
- Ensure that the ignition is switched off while filling in the DEF
- Keep a check while closing the DEF tank's cap tightly till you hear that clicking sound
- Like you clean the surrounding's of the fuel cap and surrounding while filling in the diesel, make sure you do the same while filling the DEF tank
- Ensure that you do not mix the DEF with the diesel tank accidentally and vice versa
- Use DEF withing 12 months of purchase or till your first service where the advisors will only top up the DEF tank.
- Like you fill the engine oil at regular intervals, make sure you follow the same step with DEF tank too.