09 Dec 2020 Nitin Kadian
The Tata Nexon is one of the most practical and one of the safest cars in the segment. The car competes against the likes of Ford Ecosport, Maruti Brezza, Hyundai Venue, Kia Sonnet, and the newly launched Nissan Magnite. With the launch of the new, facelifted model, the new Nexon is no available as a much more mature and a practical vehicle when compared to the outgoing iteration of the car. If you are in the market to buy a new Nexon, here a few Tata Nexon pros and cons which will definitely help you make a better choice.
1. Build Quality: The Tata Nexon is one of the very few cars in the market that scored a perfect five-star rating in the crash tests conducted by GNCAP. Moreover, the overall build quality of the car is superb and the car definitely feels extremely solid.
2. Funky and Appealing Design Language: With the launch of the facelifted model, the Nexon now is offered as one of the best looking compact SUVs in the market. In addition to this, the new headlights and the new front bumper design makes it look much more premium and upmarket than most of its rivals.
3. Diesel Engine: The 1.5-L diesel engine is not just powerful and refined but is extremely reliable in the long run as well. The driveability of this engine is impressive and the driving mods definitely make it more suitable for almost all the situations.
4. Ride-Handling Balance: The suspension of the Nexon is tuned to offer a supreme ride and handling balance. The car has sorted driving dynamics and in addition to this, remains extremely comfortable which being driven on badly patched up surfaces and rough roads.
5. Spacious and Practical Cabin: There is an ample amount of space inside the cabin and the seats too are comfortable. There is no dearth of storage spaces inside the cabin and there are plenty of safety features and equipment on offer as well.
1. Unrefined and Not So Powerful Petrol Engine: The Nexon gets a 1.2-L turbocharged petrol engine which puts of decent power output figures for a car of this size. However, the refinement levels of this motor are not great and it does get vocal when pushed hard. In addition, the heavyweight of the vehicle too takes a toll on the overall performance of the car.
2. After-Sales Service: The customers report that the Nexon as a product is a great car but sometimes the do face issues with the after-sale service and maintenance of the vehicle. Tata should definitely improve the overall after-sales experience to meet the customers' expectations.
3. Funky Design May Not Be To Everyone's Taste: While I like the way the new Nexon looks, we do have seen people who are not very pleased with this vehicle.
4. Slow Speed Ride: While the slow city ride quality of the new Nexon is decent, it is nowhere close to what we have seen in other Tata cars. The overall ride quality does tend to get a little jiggly on low speeds.
5. Missing Features: Despite being one of the most VFM products in the segment, the new Nexon does miss out on a number of essential features which would have definitely made it a better product.
With this being said, do you agree with our Tata Nexon Pros And Cons? Do let us know in the comments box below. You can also join our 91Wheels Auto Enthusiast Telegram group (click via mobile to join) to be a part of interesting automotive discussions. Further, subscribe to our YouTube channel for more such amazing motoring updates.
Don't miss out on Latest Offers!